E-ISSN 2146-3077
Original Article
Ectoparasites in Chickens in the Province of Kars
1 Kafkas Üniversitesi Veteriner Fakültesi Parazitoloji Anabilim Dalı, Kars  
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 2004; 28: 154-157

Key Words: Poultry, ectoparasite, Kars, Turkey
Abstract

The purpose of this study was to determine the presence of ectoparasites in poultry in Kars. For this, 264 hens in 20 chicken coops were inspected for ectoparasites. At least one species of ectoparasites was found on 174 (65.90%) out of the 264 hens. No ectoparasites were found on the remaining 90 (34.10%) hens. During this study the numbers of 1023 samples of ectoparasites were examined and seven ectoparasites species were detected. Their names are as follows: Menacanthus cornutus, Menopon gallinae, Menacanthus stramineus, Goniodes dissimilis, Goniocotes gallinae, Dermanyssus gallinae and Kinemidokoptes mutans. Statistical assessment of the numerical distribution of the infection within groups and between groups was performed by Chi-square test using SPSS program for Windows. 

Key Words
Authors
All
Reviewer's Corner
Survey
AVES | Copyright © 2018 Turkish Parasitology Association | Latest Update: 07.06.2018